Divorce Lawyer Aurora Utah

Divorce lawyer Aurora Utah

How Do You File a Divorce?

Getting a divorce can be an emotionally draining process. Whether you are filing for a no-fault divorce or a contested divorce, it is important to start the process as early as possible. You can also get help if you are unsure of the process. There are many resources to help you through the process. You can contact your local legal aid office to learn more. You can also find out if you qualify for free legal services.

No-fault and Contested Divorce

If you are filing for a no-fault or contested divorce, the first step is to file a petition with the court. You will need to complete a number of forms, including a Certificate of Service. The Certificate of Service will contain instructions on how to serve your spouse. If you are self-employed, you will need to provide your tax returns and other business forms. If you have children, the Division of Child Support may need to be served with your divorce petition. The fee for serving your spouse is $40, but it can increase depending on the company that you use. If you are unable to afford the fees, you can contact the courthouse or your local bar association to inquire about fee waivers.

Hiring an Attorney

If you are unsure about your legal situation, it is best to hire a lawyer. An attorney can explain the legal process and can guide you through the process. However, you can also file your own papers and serve your spouse. If you can handle the paperwork, this is a good option. The divorce process can be confusing and hiring a lawyer can be expensive. Having an attorney can save you time and stress.

If you are planning to hire a lawyer, you will need to gather certain documents before your consultation. These documents will be helpful to your attorney in determining the financial picture of your case. Having copies of your income tax returns and your property valuations will give your attorney a better understanding of your finances. You will also need to bring your debts to your initial consultation.


The service process can be a difficult process if your spouse does not want to go through with a divorce. If your spouse does not want to go through with the divorce, you can ask the court for a default divorce. This will mean that your divorce will match the terms in your complaint. You will need to file a response within 30 days of filing your complaint.

If you are filing for a divorce in New York, you will need to fill out numerous forms. If you have children, your divorce papers will need to include child support and alimony amounts. You will also need to provide proof of your residency in New York. If you are a resident of another state, you will need to provide proof of your relationship with your spouse and any evidence of emotional abuse.

Your spouse will also need to be served with your divorce petition and other paperwork. You can serve your spouse by using the mail, or you can have a licensed professional do it for you. Your spouse may agree to sign a paper stating that they are being served. In some cases, you may be able to have the documents delivered electronically.

If you need legal advice about filing for divorce or are in need of an attorney you can call this law firm, you can get a free consultation with the Best Attorneys in Utah.

Ascent Law LLC:
8833 South Redwood RoadSuite C
West Jordan, UT 84088
(801) 676-5506
Ascent Law – Google Maps
Ascent Law Website
Divorce Overview

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is simply an answer to a question and that if legal advice is sought to contact a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction.


When you need a Divorce Lawyer, contact this law firm:

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah 84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-5506
Ascent Law LLC

4.9 stars – based on 67 reviews

Recent Posts

Real Estate Attorney Probate Lawyer Estate Planning Attorney Child Custody Lawyer Divorce Lawyer Business Lawyer

Ascent Law LLC St. George Utah Office

Ascent Law LLC Ogden Utah Office

Directions from Orem Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Holladay Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Vivent Arena Salt Lake City Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Aurora, Utah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Aurora, Utah
Aurora city office building on North Main Street (SR-260), April 2010

Aurora city office building on North Main Street (SR-260), April 2010
Location in Sevier County and the state of Utah.

Location in Sevier County and the state of Utah.
Aurora is located in Utah

Location in Utah

Coordinates: 38°55′16″N 111°56′11″WCoordinates38°55′16″N 111°56′11″W
Country United States
State Utah
County Sevier
Settled 1875
Incorporated 1914
Became a city January 1982

 • Mayor Scott Gurney

 • Total 0.92 sq mi (2.39 km2)
 • Land 0.92 sq mi (2.39 km2)
 • Water 0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)

5,200 ft (1,585 m)

 • Total 1,016
 • Estimate 

 • Density 1,138.53/sq mi (439.44/km2)
Time zone UTC-7 (MST)
 • Summer (DST) UTC-6 (MDT)
ZIP code
Area code 435
FIPS code 49-02740[3]
GNIS feature ID 1438307[4]
Website www.auroracity.org

Aurora is a city in north-central Sevier CountyUtah, United States.[5] The population was 1,016 at the 2010 census.

Aurora is predominantly supported by agriculture, coal mining, and the service sector. Most residents commute to one of the neighboring communities to work. Children are schooled in Salina at one of the three public schools. The current growth in the community is attributed to the growth of business and industry in the region.

Comments are closed.