Child Custody Bluff Utah

Child Custody Attorney Bluff Utah

What Happens If You Don’t Respond to Child Custody Papers?

Regardless of whether you are a divorcing parent or a parent who has lost custody of your children, it is important to respond to court filings. Failing to do so can result in incorrect child support orders.

Complaint for custody

The first step is to file a Complaint for Custody (CC-DR-004) in the Circuit Court where your children are living. You may also need to pay a filing fee. The forms can be found online. If you cannot afford the fee, you can apply for a fee waiver.

After you file, you will need to serve the other parent. You can do this by mailing or electronically sending the documents. Most courts have a specific form for service.

When you are served with court papers, you must respond within the time specified by your state. Typically, you have three to four weeks to respond.

Default judgment

If you don’t respond, the other parent can ask the court to enter a default judgment. This means that the court will rule in favor of the party who filed the initial Complaint.


You will need to provide the other party with copies of all the documents you have filed with the court. Some courts have family law facilitators who can review your paperwork and ensure it is acceptable to the court. It can be cheaper and quicker to mediate than to go through a court battle.

Once you have served the other parent with the documents, you will need to attend a hearing. If you don’t, the other party will get everything they asked for in the custody petition.

Free consultation from the best attorneys in Utah

If you need legal advice about filing child custody or are in need of an attorney you can call this law firm, you can get a free consultation with the Best Attorneys in Utah.

Ascent Law LLC:
8833 South Redwood RoadSuite C
West Jordan, UT 84088
(801) 676-5506
Ascent Law – Google Maps
Ascent Law Website
Child Custody Overview

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is simply an answer to a question and that if legal advice is sought to contact a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction.


When you need a Family Law Attorney, contact this law firm:

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States

Telephone: (801) 676-5506
Ascent Law LLC

4.9 stars – based on 67 reviews

Recent Posts

Real Estate Attorney

Probate Lawyer

Estate Planning Attorney

Child Custody Lawyer

Divorce Lawyer

Business Lawyer

Ascent Law LLC St. George Utah Office

Ascent Law LLC Ogden Utah Office

Directions from Orem Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Holladay Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Vivent Arena Salt Lake City Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Bluff, Utah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Bluff, Utah
Incorporated town and municipality
Bluff, Utah (from east).jpg
Location in San Juan County and the state of Utah.

Location in San Juan County and the state of Utah.
Coordinates: 37°17′04″N 109°33′06″WCoordinates37°17′04″N 109°33′06″W[1]
Country United States
State Utah
County San Juan
Established AD 650[2]
Founded April 6, 1880
Incorporated August 31, 2018
Founded by Silas S. Smith
Named for Bluffs (cliffs) along the San Juan River

 • Type Mayor-council government
 • Mayor Ann Lepanen

 • Total 36.71 sq mi (95.08 km2)
 • Land 36.47 sq mi (94.45 km2)
 • Water 0.24 sq mi (0.63 km2)

4,324 ft (1,317 m)

 • Total 240
 • Estimate 

 • Density 6.72/sq mi (2.59/km2)
Time zone UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))
 • Summer (DST) UTC-6 (MDT)
ZIP code
Area code 435
FIPS code 49-06700[5]
GNIS feature ID 1425842[1]
Website footnotes =

Bluff is a town in San Juan CountyUtah, United States. The population was 320 at the 2000 census. Bluff incorporated in 2018.[6]

Comments are closed.